Carrier Spread allows you to compare carrier prices between different corridors. This allows you to view the market low, high, and the average price for each carrier in order to get a better idea of the carrier market between competitors. Carrier Spread is an add-on feature, if you don't have access to it, please contact your Xeneta account executive.
Searching Carrier Prices
To search for carrier prices from the dashboard, please follow the steps below:
- Type the name of the port or regions in the origin/destination text boxes at the top of the dashboard (you may also use the geo-selector to choose these)
- Click the SEARCH button
- Click the VIEW GRAPH button
- At the top of the page, click the "Carrier Spread" tab
- You should now see a carrier spread graph for the trade lane searched
- Scroll down the page to view available carriers to add to the graph for comparison
- To add a carrier to the graph, hover your mouse over one of the carriers in the table below the graph, then click the CHANGE button (Note: you may also change the displayed carrier by clicking the CHANGE CARRIER button on the right side of the graph and searching the carrier name)
- Carrier prices can be seen by hovering your mouse over the graph lines
Similar to the other graph views in Xeneta, filters such as date range, container size, THC methodology, and contract length are available for specifying the price information you're searching for.
Using the date slider below the graph allows you to "zoom" in on specific date ranges and view the carrier prices in the carrier prices table.
Carrier Prices Table
The Carriers Prices table contains all of the carrier price information contained within the date range selected. If a value of "None" appears in the table, it means there are no carrier prices available for the specific date range selected. In this case, it's best to select a different date range or equipment type.
The carrier prices table contains the following information:
- Selected - a colored dot indicates this carrier is being displayed on the graph
- Average - displays the market average for the carrier within the date range selected
- Low - displays the market low for the carrier within the date range selected
- High - displays the market high for the carrier within the date range selected
- Contracts - displays the number of contracts available for providing price information at the beginning and the end of the date range selected
It is important to note that these prices are not on a port-to-port level. Rather, they are the Carrier prices between the regions of which the ports reside within. For example, searching the carrier spread to compare carrier prices between Shanghai and Rotterdam will display prices charged by carriers between China Main and North Europe Main. If you would like to see the exact regions used for calculating the prices, you can click the "Rates bumped up" icon (shown below) at the top of the graph to view the exact regions used in the calculation.