Carrier Spread allows you to compare carrier prices between different corridors. This allows you to view the market low, high, and the average price for each carrier in order to get a better idea of the carrier market between competitors.
Carrier Spread is an add-on feature. To find out more about the Carrier Spread add-on, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
Searching Carrier Prices
You can find carrier prices by following the steps below:
- Enter an origin and destination port or region in the lane search box
- Click Search
- Click View Graph button
- Navigate to the Carrier Spread tab
- You should now see a carrier spread graph for the trade lane searched
- Scroll down the page to view available carriers
- Mouse over a carrier from the list and click the Change button on the right-side of the table
Note: You can also use the Change Carrier button to the right of the graph to select a carrier from a dropdown menu.
Once you have selected a carrier, the graph will display the freight rates specific to that carrier.
Like other graphs in Xeneta, you can use the filters and graph tools to help you narrow down the price information relevant to your needs.
Carrier Prices Table
The Carriers Prices table contains all of the carrier price information contained within the selected date range. If a value of None appears in the table, it means there are no carrier prices available for the specific date range selected. In this case, it's best to select a different date range or equipment type.
The carrier prices table contains the following information:
- Selected — a colored dot indicates this carrier is being displayed on the graph
- Average — displays the market average for the carrier within the date range selected
- Low — displays the market low for the carrier within the date range selected
- High — displays the market high for the carrier within the date range selected
- Contracts — displays the number of contracts available for providing price information at the beginning and the end of the selected date range
Note: The prices on the Carrier Spread page are not shown on a port-to-port level. They are instead shown as prices between regions.
For example, using the carrier spread to compare carrier prices between Shanghai and Rotterdam will only display the prices charged by carriers between China Main and North Europe Main.
If you would like to see the exact regions used for calculating the prices, you can click the Rates bumped up icon at the top of the graph.