Carrier Spread is an add-on feature that lets you view carrier prices between trade corridors on the Benchmarks graph. With the Carrier Spread, you can plot regional-level carrier prices on the same graph as benchmark prices and your uploaded prices.
Carrier Spread is an add-on feature. To find out more about the Carrier Spread add-on, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
Searching Carrier Prices
You can view carrier prices on the Benchmarks graph by following the steps below:
- On the dashboard, enter an origin and destination port or region in the search box
- Navigate to the Benchmarks graph, either from the dashboard or your followed lanes
- On the right side of the graph, you will see the Carrier Spread panel
- Click Change Carrier to select a carrier to view
- Alternatively, you can select a carrier by clicking Add from the Carrier Spread list below the graph
Once you have selected a carrier, the graph will display the freight rates specific to that carrier.
Like other graphs in Xeneta, you can use the filters and graph tools to help you narrow down the price information relevant to your needs.
Carrier Prices Table
The Carriers Prices table contains all of the carrier price information contained within the selected date range. If a value of None appears in the table, it means there are no carrier prices available for the specific date range selected. In this case, it's best to select a different date range or equipment type.
The carrier prices table contains the following information:
- Selected — a colored dot indicates that prices for this carrier are currently displayed on the graph
- Average — displays the market average for the carrier within the date range selected
- Low — displays the market low for the carrier within the date range selected
- High — displays the market high for the carrier within the date range selected
- Contracts — displays the number of contracts available for providing price information at the beginning and the end of the selected date range
Note: While carrier prices are plotted on the same graph as port-to-port market benchmarks and your own freight prices, they are always aggregated at a regional level.
For example, using the Carrier Spread to compare carrier prices between Shanghai and Rotterdam will only display the prices charged by carriers between China Main and North Europe Main.
This means that while carrier prices are not directly comparable to port-to-port market benchmarks, they nonetheless offer a vital insight into how specific carriers price their shipments.
The Carrier Spread functionality is limited to trade lanes within the following trade corridors:
- North Europe Main
- South America East Coast
- US East Coast Main
- IPAK East Coast
- IPAK West Coast
- Mediterranean Main
- East Africa
- China Main
- North Africa Mediterranean
- South Africa
- South East Asia Main
- Japan Korea Main
- US West Coast
- South America West Coast
- Taiwan Main
- Persian Gulf / Gulf of Oman
- West Africa
- Australia and New Zealand
- Red Sea / Gulf of Aden