The Spend Overview page displays information regarding all of the prices you have uploaded to Xeneta. The overall spend information can be categorized by several different filters, depending on the information desired.
Note: this help article refers to Market Metric several times. It is important to understand how the Market Metric affects the displayed rate information. For more information on how to use and understand market metrics, please visit the help article here.
Spend can be broken down and filtered into the following categories by clicking the tabs:
- Corridors - the region-to-region geographical areas containing your port-to-port combinations. For example, a trade lane consisting of Rotterdam to Shanghai would be contained within the "Europe to Asia" corridor. Similarly, a Hamburg to Boston trade lane would be contained within the "Europe to North America" corridor. Corridors are simply the geographic areas that trade lanes' origins and destinations are contained within.
- Origins - the geographic area of your origin trade lane ports. For example, choosing "Asia" in the origins tab will display all trade lanes with origins in Asia.
- Destinations - the geographic area of your destination trade lane ports. For example, choosing "Europe" in the destinations tab will display all trade lanes with destinations in Europe.
- Suppliers - suppliers for the prices you've uploaded appear here. Clicking on the supplier name will display all of your prices for the chosen supplier.
- Container Types - displays all of the container types you have uploaded prices for in Xeneta. For example, clicking "40' Standard Dry" will display all of the trade lanes on which you have shipped this container type.
- All Spend - displays all of your trade lanes that Xeneta currently has volume information (TEU count) for. Trade lanes can be filtered using the filter options above the table to narrow your displayed trade lanes to a particular selection.
Within the Spend Overview, the following columns are available and display different information about your spend:
- Volume (TEUs) - the total count of TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units) for that selection.
- My Spend - the total amount (in USD) you have spent for that selection (the selection can be, for example, a particular origin, supplier, container type, etc. depending on which tab is currently being displayed)
- My Covered Spend - the amount of your total spend ("My Spend") that can be benchmarked with comparable market rates within Xeneta. This means the overall dollar amount of your spend that can be compared dollar-for-dollar with the market.
- Market Spend - the market benchmark comparison for the number of TEUs you’ve shipped. For example, if you’ve selected “Market Average” as the market metric (upper-right area of the screen) and are viewing the “Origins” tab, the “Europe” row would display the number of TEUs you’ve shipped from European origins. “My Covered Spend” represents the amount of your spend that can be compared with the market. “Market Spend” is the average amount spent for the same number of TEUs on the same trade lanes.
- Covered vs. Market - the difference between your covered spend and the market spend displayed as a percentage. For example, if the percentage displays "+12%", it means that your spend is 12% above the market spend for the same amount of TEUs on your trade lanes. Similarly, if the percentage is displayed as "-12%", it means that your spend is 12% below the market spend.
- Saving Potential - the amount that can be saved if your position is equal to the chosen market metric.