The My Prices collection on the dashboard displays various information regarding your uploaded prices and compares them to the market rates.
The following information is available on the dashboard:
- My Price Coverage - The total number of valid (not expired) prices you have uploaded that have been benchmarked. As shown in the figure above, the total number of uploaded prices vs. the total number of prices benchmarked is provided. If we are unable to benchmark one of your prices due to coverage or similar issues, it will not be counted within "Prices Benchmarked"
- My Price Benchmarks - Displays the total amount of prices that are performing at above or below the market metric (see below) you've chosen to benchmark yourself against.
- Trade Lanes - The total number of port-to-port trade lanes contained within the prices you have uploaded
- Suppliers - The total number of suppliers (carriers) contained within the prices you have uploaded
Clicking the SEE ALL button will display a full report of your prices.
The "My Prices" Report
The "My Prices" report contains a full list of your uploaded prices that can be searched or filtered by various parameters. These prices can then be compared with the market rate in order to see your position's performance with the rest of the market.
Several different tabs are available for sorting:
- Corridors - Xeneta refers to "corridors" as regional top-level origin-destination pairs that include several different ports. For example, the "Asia-Europe" corridor would contain all of your uploaded prices that originate within Asia and have destinations within Europe.
- Origins - Similar to corridors, "Origins" contains the top-level region for all of your uploaded prices. Clicking "North America" within the Origins tab will display all of your uploaded prices with a port of load in North America.
- Destinations - The same as "Origins", except this tab filters your destinations regionally.
- Suppliers - The "Suppliers" tab contains all of the different freight suppliers contained within your uploaded prices. Clicking on any supplier name will display a list of price results you've uploaded for that particular supplier.
- Container Types - The "Container Types" tab contains each type of container you've uploaded prices for. Clicking on a container type will display only prices for that particular container type.
- All Prices - Contains your full list of prices. These can be filtered using the filter bar above.
Note: Each time you select a filter within a tab, it will remain selected until you remove it, even when moving within other tabs. For example, if you choose to see all "Maersk" prices, then move to the "Container Type" tab, your Maersk rates will still be selected until you remove the "supplier" filter.
Similar to the dashboard, a brief overview of your price performance is provided at the top of the page. This gives a summary of the prices you've uploaded and have been benchmarked by Xeneta.
Each row contains a graph with an overall figure of the prices performance. The green color in the bar graph (shown below) represents the number of prices below the market benchmark, whereas the orange color in the graph represents the number of prices above the market benchmark.
The price list can be filtered by origin, destination, supplier, and container type. Clicking on individual price columns reveal additional information for that particular price.
More information about reading the price details can be found here.
The market comparison used for comparing your prices in this report can be changed by using the drop-down selector at the top-right area of the screen. It is also possible to change the contract length type by using the additional Market Metrics drop-down selector. Making changes to these selectors will update the information displayed in the report below.